The source code is the most important intellectual property of any software-based company/organization. The software developers write the source code to develop the software application. Usually, the software developers download the source code to their laptop or desktop machine during software development. They cannot build the software unless you provide access to source code.
The software developers can do whatever they want, the moment you provide access to source code. You cannot blindly trust all the software developers in your team. Always keep in mind, compromising the source code of your software application can lead to the downfall of your brand or company. So, let's discuss the key reasons why we need to protect our software source code from the developer team members.
Why do we need to protect software source code from the developer team?
Know that all your software source code resides on the developer's laptop or desktop machine during the software development process. If its a laptop machine, there are more chances for it to be carried out of your company. Several possible incidents can happen deliberately or unintentionally, which can put an end to your brand/company/business in a single day. It doesn't matter whether it's a small startup or MNC. Let me ask you a few questions regarding the security of your software source code.
- What if your developer copies all your software source code to his storage devices like USB drive, external hard disk, cloud drive? How are you going to avoid source code misuse?
- How about your developer lost his laptop containing all your software source code?
- What if your developer leaks some of the secret credentials embedded in your software source code?
- What if your developer sells your source code to your competitor? You could be hacked easily by your competitors.
- And more and more.
You must worry about the security of your software source code if you couldn't answer the above questions. These questions make you understand the need to protect software source code from developer team members in your company. Now, let's discuss how to protect your software source code from your developer team members.
Solution with SloopEngine online browser IDE
- You can completely restrict software developers downloading source code to their laptop or desktop machine by using the SloopEngine online browser IDE feature.
- You can control source code access to your team members in a single click by using the SloopEngine online browser IDE feature.
- You can completely migrate your entire software development to the cloud with the power of the SloopEngine online browser IDE feature.
Above mentioned facts help you to overcome the security issues of traditional software development. Without an online browser IDE, you cannot control source code access and protect source code from developer team members.
SloopEngine is a cloud-based SaaS product that offers key features such as server-backed online IDE, project management, centralized SSH key management, SSH access management, SSH logging & auditing, live SSH auditing, activity tracker, live chat, and more for tech teams. Only a web browser is required to use SloopEngine.
Interested? Signup today for free! Thank you.